Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Training Report :: July 19-25

I think it's interesting to know what other people are up to when they train for various races, so I'm going to post my own training log from each week. I have a training schedule set up on my fridge which you won't see here, but I do give myself a sticker every time I complete my workout for each day. Hey, whatever it takes to get motivated, right?

I am no all-star athlete. I never have been. But I do believe in staying active and working within your own abilities to improve as much as possible. Each week I feel stronger, more fit and happier. I work to swim further, run faster, ride harder and sometimes just survive.

Monday 7/19
Pilates/Rest day
I have been taking Pilates Reformer classes for almost 6 months and it has changed me, inside and out.  It's great for strength training and stretching.  It makes me feel taller if that's possible!  Due to schedule conflicts and wanting to move on to different workouts, though, I am taking a break from it.  If my 'Pooh bear' belly returns though, I might have to reconsider.  :)


Tuesday 7/20
Swim 45 min.  

Wednesday 7/21
Rest Day
Unintended rest day.  A minor eye infection put a stop to any 'unnecessary' exertion.  The pain was to that of a glass shard in my eye, so the day's scheduled run was going to have to wait. 
 
Thursday 7/22
Run 30 min.
With some miraculous eye ointment meds, my eye recovered enough to take a run.  Running is my weakest event of the tri, so surviving my scheduled mileage is a major victory!

Friday 7/23
Rest Day

Satruday 7/24
Bike Ride: Casual ride with the YMCA group - [12 miles]

Sunday 7/25
Bike Ride:  Tri for Sight  course PB time [18.5 miles] = 1:19 - down 7 minutes!

4 days to go until the Lame Duck Try-athlon!  It's been such a hectic week that I haven't had time to get nervous, which is good.  So very excited to tackle this race!

No comments:

Post a Comment