Thursday, July 29, 2010

Race nerves! Two days until the Lame Duck Tri

It's about that time. Pre-Race nerves!

I'm getting so excited about my race this Saturday, only 2 days away.  I wish I would have a training log to post for this week, but alas, I haven't done any training!  It's been a taper week like no other :)

The race directors were nice enough to let me do a special packet pick-up since I couldn't go to any of the schedule pick-up times.  I've got all my gear ready and the time is just ticking away until I'll be strapping my bike to the back of my car and hitting the road to Georgetown (only 15 miles away)

I feel confident that I've built a strong enough base to push myself pretty hard on race day.  My ultimate goal is to still just finish strong and injury free.  But if I can push and do better than I predict, then I'll certainly take that too.

A couple of weeks ago, I did a test ride on the bike course and it was INTENSE.  Being only 9.1 miles, it didn't sound daunting.  But then driving up to the race site neighborhood, I knew what people were talking about when they said it was 'CRAZY HILLY.'  The neighborhood must have been built on a  daggone mountain!  My car had trouble getting up the hills!!!!  But I tackled it anyways and felt that the challenge was really in my head.  There was a lot of mental cheering inside myself that helped me push up the hills.  That strategy seemed to work and I conquered it without having to do the 'walk of shame.'  Now if I can just repeat that, but faster!

So here's a lineup of my gear:




THE BERRY BOMBER!  I really love this bike.  It fits me just right which is so hard to find with my small size. 









Everything else!
-Lazer helmet
-Louis Garneau cycling jersey
-Pink race belt with lucky #257!
-Louis Garneau tri shorts
-Tri socks
-Race sunglasses
-Brooks running shoes with speed laces
-Speedo swimsuit
-Pink Nike running hat
-Clif Shot Bloks (tasty jelly cubes with caffeine)


    Not long now!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment