Sunday, July 18, 2010

Two Roads Diverged...

I've made several attempts at blogging and here is my latest.  There is no sole purpose, no items to sell or ideas to pitch.  This blog is merely an outlet for my thoughts and a way for me to update my friends and family of my latest life adventures.  

The title comes from a poem I have loved since the 8th grade, "The Road Not Taken" (1915) by Robert Frost.  One of my favorite teachers of all time, Mrs. Cathie Hoehner, introduced this to me in 8th grade Language Arts class.  Here are some of my favorite stanzas:

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth...

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Through all these years, I've used the message of this poem to guide the many decisions of my life where I can go down road A or B and I've always been inspired to follow my heart and to create my own path.

So here is my blog to share my life and my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment